For more than 20 years, JOBIM has been the annual event that federates French bioinformatics. The 2022 edition was held on the Beaulieu Campus of the University of Rennes 1, from 5 to 8th July. Around 500 participants attended this edition.
The organization of JOBIM was led by the Société Française de BioInformatique (SFBI), in partnership with the French Institute of Bioinformatics (IFB) and the Groupement de Recherche Bioinformatique Moléculaire (GDR BIM).
INRAE as partner of UNTWIST project presented a poster during the JOBIM2022 conference explaining the top-down approach that uses machine-learning to predict phenotypes from omics data, and the bottom-up approach that enable the study of mechanisms using flux-based models.
The Journées Ouvertes en Biologie, Informatique et Mathématiques (JOBIM) have been an opportunity to discover scientific and technical advances in bioinformatics. This 2022 session addressed many multidisciplinary fields including, among others:
- algorithms and data structures for sequences
- knowledge representation, visualization and databases
- evolution, phylogeny and comparative genomics
- functional and integrative genomics
- metagenomics, metatranscriptomics and microbial ecosystems
- structural bioinformatics and proteomics
- statistics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and image analysis
- systems biology and metabolomics
- workflows, reproducibility and open science